Although WORKFORCE CENTRAL FLORIDA is not the reemployment
assistance office, we can connect you to the Florida
Department of Economic Opportunity Reemployment Assistance
Office to file a claim. Reemployment assistance provides
temporary wage benefits to qualified individuals who are out of
work through no fault of their own.
Please note that WORKFORCE CENTRAL FLORIDA staff members
are not employed by Florida’s Reemployment Assistance System and
therefore cannot determine or offer opinions on anyone’s
eligibility for benefits. WORKFORCE
CENTRAL FLORIDA can provide computer, Internet,
phone and fax access so that you can apply for and make
inquiries about their eligibility for and receipt of reemployment
You may contact the Florida Department of Economic
Opportunity Reemployment Assistance office the
- Internet - To file your claim online,
claim your weeks or for information about reemployment
assistance click here. This link
allows Florida's citizens and former Florida workers to file claims
for reemployment assistance. The online system is available
24 hours, 7 days a week, but please note that you may only claim
weeks Monday through Saturday from 6:30 a.m. - 8 p.m. and
Sunday from 6:30 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Phone - For questions about reemployment
assistance, you may call the reemployment assistance hotline at
800-204-2418 between the hours of Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5
p.m. PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU MAY NO LONGER FILE A
CLAIM OR CLAIM WEEKS BY PHONE. Please note that the
hotline's busiest days are Monday and Tuesday. The best time
to reach a reemployment assistance agent is Wednesday - Friday,
8:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. or 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Filing a Claim
To file a claim, visit https://www2.myflorida.com/fluid/
It will take 30 minutes to one hour to complete the claim. Before
filing your claim, make sure you have the following
- Your correct Social Security Number.
- The names, addresses and phone numbers of all your employers in
the last 18 months.
- The dates you worked and total income from each employer.
- Earnings for this week since 12:01 a.m. Sunday.
- Driver's license or state identification card number, voter
registration number or other type of ID that could verify your
- The name and local number of your labor union hall, if
- If not a U.S. citizen, your Alien Registration Number and work
permit expiration date.
- Your DD-214 form, if you were in the military within the last
- SF-50 form or SF-8 form and check stubs or W-2 proof of
earnings (if you are a federal employee) reemployment
For information about your claim or to speak to a
representative, call (800) 204-2418.